Advisor to the Board
- Appointed by the President
- Serves for the time period the President is in office (annually)
- Provides guidance to President and to the Board on various matters including but not limited to finances, taxation, law, non for profit matters, industry trends etc
- Must attend, at a minimum, 50% of the annual Board meetings
- Minimum of 5 hours per month (3 for program attendance and 1 for Board meeting and 1 for any extra work)
- Must review and vote for any polls etc in a timely manner
William H. Murray
CISSP, CISM, CISA
Irene Tortora holds CISSP, CISM and CISA certifications and has over 30 years of consistent, progressive experience encompassing information security, disaster recovery and data center operations management. She most recently served as Vice President of Information Security for Moody’s Investors Service, covering all facets of Information Security and Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
Irene has been a NYMISSA Board member since 2001. Her early Board service included responsibility for the Newsletter design and production and serving as Conference Registrar. More recently, she has served as Chair of the Communications and Membership Committees, focusing on member support, member retention and maintaining processes to support event registrations and other Board functions. Irene has also served as Secretary of the Chapter since June 2006.