We are seeking a project manager to manage the development of advanced technology and research in the fields of information security and homeland security. Education in computer science, information security, interaction design or human factors as well as experience in applied research management are directly applicable to this position. As a project manager, you will work closely with customers in the Department of Defense and Department of Homeland Security, the company’s software development staff, and company leadership to ensure that the customer’s requirements for innovative solutions in information security are met on time and within budget by the development team.
Manage applied research and software development projects in the areas of information security, homeland security, information visualization, network simulation, and computer network defense training. This position includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Participate in writing proposals to potential funding agencies for applied research and advanced technology development, with an emphasis on software development projects
- Conduct requirements analyses of analysts responsible for defending large enterprise networks from attack.
- Ensure technology being developed meets requirements.
- Monitor usability and quality assurance of technology under development.
- Track schedule and budget.
- Perform market analyses and competitive assessments to position advanced technology to fulfill information security market needs. Regularly meet with technical staff to track progress towards goals.
- Perform literature reviews of peer-reviewed journals that publish scientific articles on information security, information visualization, and network simulation.
- Document all processes, prepare briefings on project status, write technical reports.
- Contribute to scientific publications related to the advanced technology
- Experience managing technical staff and technical projects
- Demonstrated ability to prepare detailed written reports, prepare budgets, and deliver first-rate briefings.
- Ability to impose organization and structure on ambiguous or ill-defined requirements.
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science, Engineering, Human Factors or related disciplines
- Expert use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent leadership, problem solving, and communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship Required.
- CISSP or other information security certification
- Experience conducting R&D or developing advanced technology
- Experience writing grant proposals.
- Recent military experience
- Currently active U.S. Secret clearance.
Due to the nature of our work, we can only accept applications from U.S. citizens and individuals that are willing and able to obtain a security clearance.
Seeking a project manager to manage advanced technology & research for FTE postions in Northport, NY. Individuals must be able to gain US Security Clearance. Apply at http://avi.catsone.com/careers.